Bona's Basses
  • Yes, I'm sure Bona is one of those cats that says

it's all in the hands, but I've got to know what kind of gear he is using live. I've never been lucky enough to see him play,

but he tone is so wonderful. I'm aware of Richard using the following basses:
    Pensa fretless 4
    Fodera Beezelite fretless

Fodera Imperial 5
    Zon Lightwave fretless 5
    Celinder Aura fretless

Anyway, one of these basses sounds

particularly good. The bass I'm talking about is the one used on the Bobby McFerrin album, and I've got to know which it is.

Can someone help me find this out?

Best,

Peter

• Anyway,

one of these basses sounds particularly good. The bass I'm talking about is the one used on the Bobby McFerrin album, and I've

got to know which it is. Can someone help me find this out?
    Best,
    Peter

Hi Peter
    The fretless

on Bobby Mc ferrin 's album (Beyond words) is:
    Pensa shur 4 strings
    Peace
    Bona
  • :?: Hi Richard
    This past fall, at the Jazz festival in

Santa Fe NM I noticed you were playing out from two rigs. I recognized the GK but couldn't figure out the other unit and why...

Were you doing a stereo effect sound or just more power , and what did you use to split the signal of your axe??
  • Richard,

Thanks so much for the

reply. Could you tell me the ingredients for your Pensa Suhr fretless. (ie. electronics, body, neck, and fingerboard woods).

Your voice on this bass is so beautiful. Also, do you give private lessons? Thank you for the

music!

Best,

Peter
  • Richard,
    Thanks so much for the reply. Could you tell me the ingredients for your Pensa

Suhr fretless. (ie. electronics, body, neck, and fingerboard woods). Your voice on this bass is so beautiful. Also, do you give

private lessons? Thank you for the music!Best, Peter

Hi Peter !
    To complete the Richard's reply

:

Atelier Z website : http://www.atelierz.co.jp/
    franÁois

(webmaster)

Richard with his Pensa (from the artist section, in the Atelier Z's

website)

rz.co.jp/richardbona-2.jpg" border="0" />
  • :?: Hi Richard
    This

past fall, at the Jazz festival in Santa Fe NM I noticed you were playing out from two rigs. I recognized the GK but couldn't

figure out the other unit and why... Were you doing a stereo effect sound or just more power , and what did you use to split the

signal of your axe??

hi Marco
    In Santa fe I was using 2 amps in stereo
    to split the signal i use

my MXR Chorus pedal

Peace, Bona
  • Richard,
    Thanks so much for the reply. Could you tell me the ingredients for your Pensa

Suhr fretless. (ie. electronics, body, neck, and fingerboard woods). Your voice on this bass is so beautiful. Also, do you give

private lessons? Thank you for the music! Best,Peter

Hi Peter
    Unfortunately i do not give bass

lessons
    Only Master classes time to time
    My pensa¥s fingerboard is EBONY
    the rest of it i don't really know
    You

could get in touch with the guy who made it
    His name "MAS"
    And he is in Japan now working for "Atelier Z"
    Go on their

website and they will get in touch with you
    Peace Bona
  • I understand that you got a Nova Acoustic Electric (john

Buscarino) bass from NY Guitar and Bass Boutique. I think it is that bass on one of the pics on your site. If you still have it,

I just wanted to let you know that it used to be mine. If your interested in knowing where and what the serial # (it is hidden)

of the bass is please feel free to email me personally at mike@michaeldimin.com

Bienvenue dans la communauté !

Si vous souhaitez rejoindre la communauté, cliquez sur un des boutons ci-dessous.

Se connecter par Facebook Se connecter avec votre compte Twitter

Dans cette discussion